1. We may collect the following types of data from you:
iii. Email adress
iv. Phone number
v. Your order history
2. Your payment details are not stored by us and are submitted directly to the third party payment providers with an encrypted connection.
3. You agree to provide Personal Data that is in all respects true, accurate and up-to-date and is not, in any way, misleading, deceptive or inaccurate or likely to mislead or deceive.
4. We may collect information about your computer, including the availability of your IP address, operating system and browser type, to administer the system and to gather information about how our customers use this website. This is statistical information about the actions and browsing patterns of our users and does not identify any individual.
Our details are:
a. Level Up, MITROPOLEOS 41, 15124 MAROUSI, GREECE
b. email: email@example.com
Use of your data
1. Level Up is committed to integrity and professionalism in all areas of its services and therefore we take our obligations under the Data Protection Act very seriously. We will implement the necessary practices to protect your privacy and ensure that Personal Data (as defined in the Law) is only used for the following purposes.
2. Any Personal Data (which includes your name, address and any other details you give us that relate to you as an individual) that we collect through the website is collected and processed in accordance with the Law and we will only use it for :
a. the collection and processing of your order or
b. providing other marketing information that we believe may be of interest to you or
c. conducting product or customer research and development;
3. We will give you the opportunity to opt out of receiving marketing information from us at the time we collect your information. You can unsubscribe from our marketing list at any time by clicking on the link within all emails we send you.
4. In the unlikely event that a liquidator, administrator or receiver is appointed over us or all or part of our assets, that insolvency practitioner may transfer your details to a third party purchaser of the business, provided that the purchaser undertakes to use your information for the same purposes specified in this policy.
5. We undertake not to provide your Personal Data to third parties unless you comply with this policy.
6. We undertake to take reasonable measures, including the implementation of security policies, rules and technical measures necessary to protect Personal Data under our control from unauthorized access, improper use and disclosure, unauthorized destruction or accidental loss.
7. Although we will do our best to protect your data, the transmission of data over the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our website and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we receive your data, we will use strict security procedures and features to try and prevent unauthorized access.
1. You can ask us if we store personal information about you by emailing us at info@levelup and if you wish we will provide you with a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you by email. For your protection, we may ask for proof of your identity before you provide any information and reserve the right to refuse to provide information that you asked if your identity has not been proven satisfactory.
2. While we hold your personal data, we may contact you to ensure that your personal data is up to date. We encourage you to provide complete Personal Data and you can always notify us of any inaccurate or outdated information so that we can provide the best possible service.
EU GDPR Related policy
We want to make the experience of shopping with us as seamless and relevant as possible. To do this, we use various pieces of data to tailor our services and messages to you. Below we will describe:
· the various ways of collecting your data
· what we do with the information we collect
· the choices you have about your data
· how and when we share your information
· how long we store your information
· our children's information policy
· your choices
Your GDPR status
I am chosen
a. The different ways we collect your data
We collect 2 types of data from you. Personal data such as delivery address to enable us to fulfill our service. Behavioral data to better improve our service to you, which we will only collect if you register.
When you sign up for Level Up, you give us details such as your name and delivery details. This is to make your shopping experience faster and easier when it comes to checking out.
We ask that your contact information notify you via email of the following actions
a. Confirmation of the order
b. Order routing
c. Order Tracking (where applicable)
d. TrustPilot - a few days after the order we will follow through an automated process. This is a continuing education service.
· If you choose to register, we will ask you to confirm your email address via email
· Login notifications (you should request this)
Whenever you use a website, app or any other online service, certain information is automatically recorded. This data is useful for optimizing your experience
· Web logs - this is used for server management.
Information you choose to give us
a. If you choose to opt-in, we collect your email address for email marketing. There are sometimes additional pieces of personal information (such as the number of people in the household) that we ask for which is optional.
b. What we do with the information we collect
We use your data to better improve the service for the user
The information we collect from you is used to improve our service and your experience with us. We have a legitimate interest in using your information in these ways as it improves the service for the end user. Below are the ways we use your information.
· Specify the country you are in so we can show you products that are available to you and not show you products that are not available to ship to your country.
· We also track your preference for the same reason.
· We provide Customer service
· We collect browsing information to tailor our communication to you (you must have opted-in to our email marketing).
· Use browsing data to better target our advertising on Google and Facebook
The choices you have about your data
We allow full control over your data usage. We provide the tools to limit the amount of your data we process or if you want it deleted all together.
You can modify your personal data (First Name, Last Name, Address) in the My Account section of the website. Having an account with us is not mandatory, so if you choose to don't you have this data stored with us, then you simply cannot create an account with us. The only time your personal data is stored is described in this policy in section a.
We will only use our behavioral tracking tools if you have opted in to the GDPR prompt at the top of the site.
Right to be...forgotten
If you no longer want your information to be retained by Level Up, you can request that we delete your information and close your account. Note that if you select this:
· We may retain certain information for legitimate business interests, such as fraud detection.
· We may retain some information about payments as a legal obligation, such as tax obligations, legal obligations and audits.
Send an email to the data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org to start the process of deleting your data.
We have a legitimate interest in analyzing website performance (such as the number of visitors and transactions within a given day) to improve our service.
For Level Up to function as a service, information must be transferred internally. For example, if Mr. ALEXANDROS ANGELIDIS makes a purchase on our website, the purchase details are sent to our warehouse, so the order can be completed.
We may use some of your information to build real audiences on Facebook to search for more customers who may prefer Level Up's service
Law enforcement or government agencies
We only share information if we believe disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or lawful request.
How long we keep your information
We only keep your information as long as we need it to provide our service to you. We will retain your transaction information for up to 5 years for taxation / auditing purposes.
Our children's information policy
You must be over 18 years of age to use this service.
Under the new policy, you have choices about the information listed below. You will need to contact us to process some of them.
· Access the information we hold about you. This will be completed 30 days from your application - in some cases there is an administrative fee associated with processing the information.
· Subject to the processing of your information. To receive all marketing materials from us you will need to OPT-IN however if you are accepted and no longer wish to be, you can use the unsubscribe button at the bottom of the email. If you experience any problems, please contact us.
· They complain to a regulator. If you are based in the EEA and believe that we have not complied with data protection laws, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commissioner.